The 17th International Conference on Data and Text Mining in Biomedical Informatics (DTMBIO)
December 18-21, 2023
DTMBIO organizers are pleased to announce that the 17th DTMBIO will be held. The main focus of DTMBIO is on biomedical and health informatics.
DTMBIO delegates will bring forth interesting applications of up-to-date informatics in the context of biomedical research.
This year, we are particularly interested in techniques and applications of Big Data Analytics to biomedical and clinical research problems.
Biological researchers face the current challenge of making effective use of the enormous amount of electronic biomedical data
in order to better understand and explain complex biological systems. The biomedical data repositories include data in a wide variety of forms,
including bibliographic information from electronic medical journals, gene expression data from microarray experiments, protein identification and
quantification data from proteomics experiments, genomic sequences gathered by massively parallel sequencing, and patient healthcare records.
The ability to automatically and effectively extract, integrate, understand and make use of information
embedded in such heterogeneous – structured and unstructured – data remains a challenging task.
We invite the submission of papers that propose ways to address the variety of aspects involved in meeting this challenge.
The relevant topics include the following (but not limited to):
- Biomedical and clinical text mining applications
- Big bio- or clinical-data analytics
- Integration of structured and unstructured resources for biomedical applications
- Information extraction from biomedical and clinical corpora (published literature, grey literature, EHRs, clinical trials, etc.)
- Information retrieval from large biomedical data collections
- Gene sequence annotation
- Protein/RNA structure prediction
- Medical ontologies and text mining
- Entity or concept recognition in text with ontologies
- Sequence and structural motifs
- Modelling of biochemical pathways and biological networks
- Image mining in medical and healthcare informatics
- Data and text mining solutions in biomedical informatics, for applications such as drug development, system biology, biomedical working processes
- Information integration for data and text mining
- Mining multi-relational data
- Proposal and assessment of novel text Mining (TM) evaluation strategies
- Evaluation methods of biomedical applications, shared tasks
- Okinawa Convention Center (OCC), Conference Building B1 (2nd Floor)
(Address: 4-3-1 Mashiki, Ginowan City Okinawa 901-2224, Japan)
[Access from Naha International Airport]
- By Bus
Airport → Okinawa Convention Center (50~70 minutes)
- By Airport Limousine Bus
Airport → Okinawa Convention Center (55 minutes)
*Additional note: Limousine Bus is not to stop at the convention center, get off at Prince Hotel Ocean View Ginowan or Laguna Garden Hotel bus stop and walk to the center for 4~8 minutes.
- By Passenger Car
Airport → Okinawa Convention Center (takes from 30 minutes)
Map code: 33 403 063*37
Please visit our Maps & Directions site for further information.
The Okinawa Convention Center has three hotels less than 1km away.
- Okinawa Prince Hotel Ocean View Ginowan (4 min walk)
- Laguna Garden Hotel Okinawa (8 min walk)
- Moon Ocean Ginowan Hotel & Residence Okinawa (14 min walk)